A Fire Weather Watch is in effect from Tuesday morning through Tuesday evening for all of western North Texas and a large part of western and central Oklahoma.
The National Weather Service in Norman has issued a Fire Weather Watch… which is in effect from Tuesday morning through Tuesday evening for all of western North Texas and most of western and central Oklahoma.
* Wind… southwest 15 to 30 mph Tuesday. Gusts in excess of 40 mph possible.
* Humidity… widespread 8 to 15 percent in the afternoon.
* Temperature… highs in the 90s.
* Additional concern… winds will shift quickly to the north and will remain strong late Tuesday and Tuesday evening as a strong cold front moves south across the area.
* Important Impacts… any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly. Outdoor burning is not recommended.
Precautionary/preparedness actions: Monitor weather forecasts and information.